337 Main Landing Gear Aft Doors
Removal / Fixed Panel Retrofit
One of the major drawbacks of Cessna 337 Skymasters
during single engine operation is its inability to maintain
altitude while cycling the main landing gear. This is
a result of the high drag caused by the main landing
gear aft (clamshell) doors. In addition, a landing gear
hydraulic failure may result in the doors opening, also
placing the aircraft in a possibly dangerous "High
In an effort to improve both the aircraft performance
and safety, R.T. Aerospace has designed and obtained
FAA Approval for a modification which removes the aft
landing gear doors and installs fixed panels with an
opening for the gear. The installation is similar to
that found on Cessna 182 / 210 series aircraft, The
modification simplifies the landing gear system and
improves aircraft safety without a loss in performance.
- FAA STC/PMA Approved for all Cessna 337 series aircraft.
- Allows cycling of landing gear during single engine
operation without loss of performance.
- Simplifies and improves reliability of landing gear
retraction system by deleting two(2) actuators and
four(4) hydraulic hoses.
- Reduces landing gear cycle time.
- No changes in aircraft normal operation or performance.
- Modification kit includes all parts and hardware.
- Modification kit parts made from aviation grade
alloys and composite materials.